View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road
Default Got RO Unit finally!

so as many of you may recall back a few months ago, I had a crash due to Kent Carbon, and they ended up sending me a few goodies, well as it may turn out some of the stuff sent, came in damaged or just didnt work, SO I contacted them and they allowed me to ship back the damaged goods, at my expense (about $40) and they would help me to insure the new items sent would be in working order. So this time I got a 50gpd RO unit by coralife and a few of each replacement cartridge. It should be here tomorrow or monday, and has a faucet attachment which is perfect for me cause I cant really tap into the plumbing in our apartment.

It will go under the kitchen sink for now, and will be mounted there. Now I have no previous experience with ro or ro/di except for the ro from the store lol...

I remember reading my water report a while back and asking on here if I needed the full RO/DI system and was told it was necessary as my water was treated with either chlorine or chloramine, any way I cant remember which it was, but was told the DI wasn't needed for this step by a few people.

So a few questions

50gpd, does this mean it takes 24 hours to produce 50g?

Anything I should know before putting the water in the tank? I mean I hear to "waste" the first 20-50g's?

does anyone know if its possible to eventually tap into it and add DI if need be in the future?

Is ro from an aquarium RO system safe for consumption? I hear mixed results? I hear DI isn't safe to drink?

any other tips are appreciated

So stoaked I wont have to lug around jugs to and from the store anymore!