View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM

cdp is on a distinguished road

Hey guys..since this thread was already going I thought I would use it for my pump sound problems.

Here's the issue.

Just installed a chiller in my RedSea Max 130D (RSM). The shop said to pair up a Danner magdrive 350 with 300gph at 0' Head. The Chiller is rated to a maxflow of 260gph...they said that the difference in flow would be nill once you factor in the Chiller.

So I rigged everything up. Managed to fit the pump in the back of the RSM. Turn everything on and so begins the noise. The pump is emitting a deep hum (sounds like my old 10g freshwater setup). I do not have a sump so hanging it in their is not an option. I have a cabinet so it could go next to the chiller if it will make less noise out of the water (haven't attempted this as I don't want to go through the replumbing to end up no farther ahead.)

So what are my options...I need this thing quiet. ....would hanging it in the cabinet work? or a different pump? Are canisters quieter and worth the cost (not much money left after the chiller...ouch)

thanks!
C

Last edited by cdp; 05-20-2010 at 02:27 PM.