View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 06:35 PM

broutilde is on a distinguished road

It's funny that I stumbled onto this thread...
I've been researching about dental cleaning in Vancouver for my cat since last year and decided to do it two weeks ago as my cat started to not chew but swallow his food. The tartar build-up on his teeth was pretty bad, he's 7 years old and never had a dental cleaning.
I got a few quotes here and there, most were 1k without blood work and before taxes. Most vets I called didn't want to give me a ballpark for whatever reason and always insisted that I would come for a a visit first (yeah ok, let's pay 150$ to be told that dental work would cost 2k so we can just not do it with that vet and be out of 150$).
The vet that I've been using occasionally quoted me 1200$-1900$ without blood work and before taxes!!!
What I did eventually is book an appointment in Langley at Thunderbird animal hospital and do the dental work there. I paid 450$ (which is still expensive for what it is) everything included (blood work and taxes), the quote was extremely straightforward. No add-ons, no pushing into buying more useless stuff, no hidden fees/services. I really liked that honest approach. The vet even called me to ask me if I wanted to remove a damaged tooth while he was doing the procedure, to make sure I was onboard. Eventually we both decided it wasn't necessary for now.
Best experience I had so far with a vet here in BC. (I'm from Europe).