View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 07:16 PM

Misses.ReefWars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
So as a parent of four girls you can't imagine any scenario where they would reach into the tank without your knowledge or permission? Do you keep the top bolted on? You never do tank maintenance with them around? Do you have any rock in your sump? Is that within reach? When they were 2 did they understand and hear everything you told them and subsequently never did anything ill-advised? Did you keep your poisonous cleaners like drain cleaner, etc. up out of reach with the cap on despite you telling them not to touch it?

It was a stupid question and a smart-a** comment to boot. No I do not LET her play in the tank but it's my job to think of things that could happen and prevent them. You do your parenting, I'll take care of mine.
k please don't take offence, but children do what you allow them to do, yes you can do everything in your power to prevent things happening but then your teaching them wrong from right very off course, children need to learn repeatedly that no is no, no tolerance for it, or they will do it and they will persist with other mischief as well, having everything child proofed to the tits isn't good either still teaching them that they wont learn for themselves i agree with brad on that note, i mean of course do your best to protect them, but to the point where they are sissies and turn to you later down the road for approval on a problem they somehow were unable to solve themselves due to being over protected or not disciplined.... just sayn'......