View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 04:14 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

I had an idea on this. What if someone were to make fish profiles of all (or close to all) of the fishes commonly offered in the hobby and suitable for new (under 3 month old) tanks?

I mean, something like what you see in the freshwater forums. Let's say you had a completely seperate sticky on yellow tangs or blue damsels highlighting their positives and negatives, giving a rough guideline for what to look for in individuals concerning color, behavior and price. I think that would be a pretty nice boost for beginners looking for fool proof additions to their new tanks.

I know a lot of this material exist on the net wherever, but none of it is compiled here on CanReef.

On the flip side of the coin, there could be a sticky listing all the animals commonly encountered that newbies, or anyone really, should stay away from. Things like pinniatus batfish, regal angels, etc. I've not seen these list anywhere except on books. A stickied thread with pictures detailing all these species would be a great benefit to this section of CanReef IMHO.