View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about
Default lastlight's 101 half cube

Before I get into the details let's get down to brass tacks.

Brianne was moved down to floor 4 yesterday while I was busy ripping apart that OTHER tank at my house. I guess the floor she WAS on is for the sickest patients. So good news! Today we find out she can go home to see the kids for a few hours. YAY. Now they just came back and told her she can sleep overnight at home! Yahoo! Her cell counts are kickass right now...must be a good sign that her body can handle the chemo.

I couldn't post this in that OTHER thread. That thread is dead to me.

Now that that's out of the way here are some extremely tentative details. Please note this build starts when I've moved and when I'm into the groove supporting the family on my income alone. I'm racing tony again but he's got one hell of a head start (with my rock!).

Tank - 30x30x18 half cube. Starphire 1/2". Ground and bevelled. Black silicone. External overflow with tinted black wall.
Return pump - Eheim 1250 I forgot to list for sale

Everything you can't see will be non-high end. No more losing my shirt. Eqiuipment will somehow be in another room or closet so I don't need silent (expensive) equipment. I'll know more about this when I've actually moved.

Lighting - 6x24W Reefgeek retrofit in a DIY floating canopy

The rest TBA.

I will need suggestions for economical skimmers that perform at this load.