View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:41 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Then the soft coral clam. I really don't know the world where it would be of perfect use but I would say, its a very good thing to place your corals around or hold to it while the glue cures. The tip is roundish and not sharp at all. One thing I found irritating with this tool is it got a lock mechanism and you need to twist it a bit to release the lock. I am a bit afraid that it might cause the clam to deform eventually.

2013-12-25 01.06.03 by md. raied, on Flickr
2013-12-25 01.06.12 by md. raied, on Flickr
2013-12-25 01.06.29 by md. raied, on Flickr
2013-12-25 01.06.41 by md. raied, on Flickr

And finally, the only product (till now) from ecotech that I loved: the 75ml ecotech glue. The unique thing that I found on the back of this glue is that it comes with a small manual/precaution leaflet which I never found on the ones sold in LFS.

2013-12-25 01.07.47 by md. raied, on Flickr

Cost
Well you might be thinking, Raied why did you buy this?! It looks expensive! Well, nop, its not Its possibly the best priced product from ecotech (other than the glue) till now. Here's a breakdown:

The box: a box like this would cost you anywhere between $20-$50 depending on from where you buy it
The bone cutter: I ebayed german steel bone cutters and the displayed items would be atleast $50
The tweezers: Expect to pay $10-$30
The scissor: Well my dad is an architect and I know the quality of a scissor when I touch it. I have played enough with scissors (never ran with it I guess) so I would say, for this one, anywhere between $20-40
The soft coral clam's price is something that I am uncertain about so I will just ignore it.
75ml CG: $20
Frag plus: I would say not more than $10.

So, as you can see, the tools are way more than $99.XX that is the MRP for this kit. So yah, that's why I bought it

Is it worth it?
Well, this would be completely be a personal opinion. But if you are a hobbyist who frags a lot, this would be a perfect boxing day item to buy The build quality is unmatched and the tools seem like they can stand a lot of fragging session with ease. For me: it's an highly recommended product.

For Calgarians: Since concept is giving 15% off on boxing day, it would be a good item to add to the purchase list

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob