View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 PM

Easto is on a distinguished road

Water Changes:
Should I be doing water changes while the rock cures, or leave the rock and water alone and let it do its thing?

Cured Rock how long will bacteria live outside the water?
What's the best way to aquascape? I was planning on keeping my tank empty and putting the cured rock in there. Figuring out where I want the rocks, then using epoxy to keep them in place. I don't know how long this will take. Once I have the rocks placed I was going to add salt water. In a situation like this how long will the rocks last in a dry tank? Or should I fill the tank with water and aquascape under water just to be safe?

Water movement while curing?
I don't have any powerheads yet and was planning on getting a Gyre Generator in my tank. If I am curing in a rubbermaid container, what do you suggest I use for water movement (what's the cheapest method)?

Bleach:
Bleach will kill the proteins left on and in the rock?

Acid:
Acid will dislodge any leftover proteins that are killed when the rock is bleached. Rinsing won't wash them all away and the acid bubbling will basically force it all off the rock and out of the small pores?I know these are alot of questions I just want to make sure I am understanding and have all my ducks in a row.