View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Just read this: (which follows along with the original rules but somewhat contradicts the simplified rules post I posted above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
guys quick note before the contest officially starts.

there should be no pics of rock or of corals before november first, if you are farther then that i your build fine , but as per time line no rocks should be in the pics before that date.

journals have to be created and a first post made by the contestant by october 15th/2012

oct15th /2012- empty tank shots:
by this date some pics of your dry empty tanks and what ever equipment you may have is to be provided. feel free to ask questions and get others opinions on your ideas

nov1rst/2012- official fill date:
by this date your tank should be filled with water , all plumbing done and be a running system. no livestock or rock is to be in your tank at this time. a pic of the tank running with water and the plumbing are to be provided. sand may be added before water if that is your desire;P

like i said guys you can each go at your own pace, but the appropriate pictures have to be provided BY certain dates.

pls notice how it says no liverock is to be added.

not that you cant add it but keep the pics for the approprite dates.

remember this is a contest folks where judges are going by the timeline and the rules of the contest, failuer to comply will result in loss of points.

prior to neovember 1rst there shouldnt be more than empty tanks posted,water and your euipment and plumbing.
I'm ok with loosing points as long as I can do it how I want to and share what I want when I want to.

To make it easier for judges I will go back in my journal and post the appropriate pic's when they should of been posted on they day the were supposed to have been posted.

But honestly I want to share my updates as they occur not try to remember weeks later what happened and the order they happened in and fake my updates to make it look like I did them on the dates they were supposed to be done. IMO if you're ahead of the game and holding back pic's to make it seem like you're following the rules when really you aren't it's stupid. If the point of not posting pic's of rock in tanks yet is to make it fair for others who haven't started yet (so ideally we're all on the same playing level) but then you go ahead and add the rock now, cause technically you're allowed to just don't show pic's to let others know how ahead you are, just seems ridiculous to me. People are going to go at their own pace regardless of the rules, most will just hold back pic's and post them when the time comes to post them so they look like they are doing everything by the book. They may be way past that point and their final pic might reflect that, but because they didn't post pic's it's ok and they won't loose points for it?????

Anyway like I said I'm cool with loosing points but I'm not going to hide my progress or pretend it didn't happen when it did just to lie about things and make it look like I'm following the rules when I'm not. Judges can figure out my points however they wish but know I'm not hiding or holding anything back or pretending things aren't happening if they are happening.

Last edited by fishoholic; 09-19-2012 at 01:57 PM.