View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Hmm, I didn't think there was that much of a price difference in 'comparably' sized & featured VorTech or Tunze products. It's tough to make a valid comparison between the two unless you've physically seen or experienced both.

I have VorTechs & they've worked very well for me. As far as placement, have a look at the EcoTech web site, you can download the manuals in Acrobat format & there's some very good info on recommended placement of the pumps for various tank & scape scenarios. I'm sure Tunze manuals are also available online, but that's a guess since I've never tried to download or view any of their manuals since I don't own the product. By reading the instructions for each product, you will have first hand info on each & that should help with your decision. And if you have the opportunity to see either product in action on someone's system, do it. Probably the best way to compare them & see which one you prefer.