View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Keep in mind that the first line in my previous response eluded to this;
Both brands are great, both have their failure issues, both are highly adjustable but don't compare to each other, and neither can be compared by anyone unless they have bought both brands new. And even then, both have had failures when new, and both have lasted forever.
So, basically, I was trying to tell you that you will have to eventually make up your own mind, no matter what you hear, and be careful how you take the info you are given. It's not a simple purchase with a simple answer.

I won't tell you all about what I read on the inter-web before I bought mine, but I'll tell you this.
I bought a pair of MP10wES and they flow great, have a vast array of programs to choose from and take up very little space inside the tank. Plus, you are not limited to the # you can use wirelessly ( as far as I know ). This cannot be said for Tunzes ( as far as I know ).
The Vortechs are very directional ( you can't point them wherever you like ), mostly they need to be placed on the left and/or right panes ( unless you have more than 2 ) and are somewhat noisy to the viewer.
On the up side, they place no chance of stray electrical current or heat in the tank, are very easy to clean/maintain, have replacement parts available from many LFSs and keep their resale value very well.

I've never owned Tunzes so I can't give you any opinion on them that would be fair.