View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road
Default water ok to use?

It is not reverse osmosis, the water is treated at a conventional Class III surface water plant , with coagulation, floculation, a high rate upflow dissolved air clarifier, conventional deep bed multi media filters, followed by Ultraviolet and Chlorine disinfection.

Silicates and phosphates are not very significant, usually on the order of less than 1 milligram per liter.

With fish, the main concern would be chloramines. Chloramines are a result of mixing chlorine with ammonia, they are common in water treatment , and provide a long lasting chlorine residual for health reasons -chloramines would ensure that no pathogenic organisms that might be introduced after treatment could survive in drinking water.

The fish supplier would usually sell sodium bi sulphate, sodium thio sulphate, or citric acid-reducing agents that when added to the fish tank would remove the oxidizers (chloramines). You should check with the fish supplier which is best for your type of fish, and the amount to use.

above is the "report" that my city gave me for tap water in term of use for tanks.. any concerns? I see the silicates and phosphates are less then 1 mg per liter is this still too too much?