Thread: Kamloops area
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:32 PM

wolf_bluejay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
ya, I have watched prices come down over the last 8 months by close to 40K, which is good for me.. what is pinantan area like? We have been looking at places as far out as hefley, but mostly the places you mentioned.

Steve
Hi, I'm one of the Kamloops saltwater guys. I think a lot the deciding factors is what area's are the best (I've lived here for about 30 years), is what kind of place are you looking for. If you are looking for a large yard -- brock and westsyde still have some places with big yards. If you want acres, then you need further out. Rayleigh is nice, has a few stores and direct access onto the highway, the only downside is when CN parks a train across the tracks and no one can get home . Pinantan is a quite a bit smaller (about the same size as Hefley but the road access sucks, own a 4x4 on bad snow days and I don't think there is any stores/grocery at all.

Your best friend for a lot of this: Google earth. It lets you easily pick out yard sizes, density, store/school access (IE pinantan has NO bus service, rayliegh does). And for most of Kamloops you can get really high res images. Good enough to look at a house and see how well it is landscaped.

Heck, rose hill is nice if you own a money tree I'd also look at pritchard, and paul lake area as well. Lots of room and some basic services.