View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 04:22 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

When I was about 15 I tried gas permeable lenses. It didn't really work out too well for me, my eyes were bloodshot all the time. I hated them. It took a long time to build up immunity (for lack of a better word) but even still I was literally bloodshot eyes all the time. People would be all "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU" and I'd be all "I have contacts". And then there'd be this awkward silence. ".... oh. Oh! Well, you look good!" Uh, apparently I don't if your first reaction for fear for my well being????

I don't know what's changed since then (that was a loooonnnng time ago apparently) but now I can wear soft lenses. My prescription is very similar to yours, but it's the astigmatism that it really matters.

I only wear them for sports though (diving/snorkeling especially!!!), or if I on vacation or something like that and I want to wear "the nice sunglasses." Otherwise I seem to prefer the glasses. I never really get used to the way I look without them. Kinda weird I guess.

But yeah .. I would never go back to the gas permeable, unless something has really changed with them since my experience. Super uncomfortable. The soft ones are no comparison. I still have trouble sometimes with getting them in, especially if I'm in a rush, but that's probably because I don't tend to wear them very often.