View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 AM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Aren't they something like 60 lbs ? I'm guessing mine is around 50lbs. Scary stuff. I would never trust anything but screws into the ceiling joists. Let's see this badboy!
My ceiling directly above the tank is a drop ceiling to contain heating ducts, I will not be able to screw into ceiling joists so I may have to be creative, I would say it weighs about 50+ pounds.....

Here is the box the unit came in~! Heavy! I am not the only one interested in what is inside! lol!

The packaging is actually top notch!

Almost unwrapped here! This thing is built like a tank!

The build quality is very impressive, These fans are nearly completely silent when I tested them! There is one fan per two bulbs. The air is drawn in through the fans and there are exhaust ports on the opposite end of each separate reflector channel.

Another picture completely unwrapped.

Here is the underside before I removed the plexi protective backing.

Peeling back the protective plastic, everything is well designed.

Here is a snapshot of the reflectors --- 10 X 54W individual reflectors, I can see why these reflectors are supposedly unmatched in the T5 world.

Here is how my bulbs arrived, I could only ship 6 bulbs per package so the other 4 bulbs are going to have to be purchased here before I can get the bad boy working and installed!

That's all for now, I will update more later when I get the last 4 bulbs this Sunday.

2 X Fiji Purple
1 X UVL True actinic
1 X UVL 75/25

Last edited by Oceanic; 11-04-2009 at 03:07 AM.