View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Thanks Tim for jumping in here and clarifying that. I think that knowing that you use this product yourself on your own systems, and for such long term periods as well speaks volumes on your own confidence in this product. Also thank you for the clarifying the difference between Cyano-Starver and Foz-Down.

As to the difference between whether the inertified (I maded that word up myself just now, woot woot!) phosphate is skimmed or settles out, I think back a few years where it was accepted convention to dose kalkwasser for that it would also bind to phosphate molecules that then settled out on the substrate and sand. I would imagine that this is probably pretty similar. One should probably budget to replace sand every few years as matter of best practises - besides, there are not too many tanks that last longer than 5 years anyhow.