View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

A skimmer really comes down to two things, the pump and the build quality and attention to detail of the body. I've seen rlss skimmers, yes the build quality is good but not at the same level of BKs, does it use titanium screws? I think not

The wavelines have not proven themselves yet as decent contenders either. I run two waveline pumps, they are really good for the price especially being DC but they don't compare to the red dragons. The housing leak when used externally so the rlss external versions would not be a smart move IMO. The power supplies run way too hot, switched mine out to fan cooled units. Two issues I've had in a couple months, both pumps so not isolated issues.

The only thing I'd give it credit for is that it's Canadian made, however more likely relabeled Chinese products for the most part with Canadian assembly. Regardless anything labeled as Canadian made is a plus in my books. That said it's not German so the extra point still goes to BK

Not saying rlss skimmers aren't great, but certainly not better than BKs, making statements like that with no bases is just silly.

Last edited by sphelps; 12-03-2012 at 02:51 AM.