View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
So the upgrade has happened, thats awesume Are you planning on keeping both tanks running ? What do you have up your sleeve for lighting ?
No everything from the Solana is migrating over. Adding new skimmer and more powerheads. I have no doubt the single 250w will be good for now. I may install a pair of actinics later so I can have some sort of lighting on longer. I'm only up to 5 hrs a day with the 250 hqi and a few corals are still in light shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
Wait a minute Brett the old twisted floor come on aren't you in a new house there you could easly put a 230 There if you wanted to
That was the old house man. We had to sell everything when the wife got sick so we're in an old condo complex now. Crooked 2x8 floor joists rather than engineered laminated joists these days. To give you an idea, when I put the wall shelf up when we moved in here and i did the wall anchor to secure it level to the wall...I could place my thumb under the front of the shelf! The floor has some mean dips! I did put a jackpost in front of the Solana and think it will be good for this tank too. This stand is a good old 2x4 box unlike the Solana 4-legger too. I can already tell things will be much more stable even with kids pressed to the glass and jumping around.