View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
A bristle tooth tang would be a perfect addition to the tank. Not sure your tank is mature enough to keep chaeto alive and actively growing. Try to find a clean source of different coraline algaes.

J@L sells Tiger Pods. If you can find someone with a perfectly clean tank with no bad things in it add a piece of live rock from that tank. Not sure where you are going to find that.

My small tank is pretty clean although it would be a source of cyno, diatoms, hair algae and dynos even though they are currently not visible I have had them in the past few years so they are only actively waiting for poor conditions to return to encourage their growth.

Not a big fan of hermit crabs. Water changes, water movement and a good skimmer is about all you can do. Check your source of fresh water as well, change filters add a DI Filter if you do not already have one.

You need a mature tank for cheato? I thought you just needed some light! If I need a mature tank I will hold off for awhile then.

Bristle tooth tang, good idea. The wife has been bugging me about when will there be fish in the tank. Might wait another week after adding the pods though so they don't get eaten right away.

I will grab some tiger pods when I go to j&l this weekend. Then I can have a couple different kinds of pods.

Could I always grab a piece of liverock from j&l or is that just asking for unwanted pests?

Why not a fan of hermit crabs? Because they will kill snails for their shells?

I have a brand new ro/di unit. New filters and everything.