Thread: Herbie help
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 04:16 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
...you’ll notice over time a herbie isn’t that consistent and requires adjustment from time to time. Using the standpipes in place of the emergency will give you a little more tolerance as even if a little water starts to go down the emergency it will remain fairly quiet.
Ya, my Herbie needs adjustment every once in awhile, and anytime I clean the pump or strainers. Finding the exact balance I have found to be nearly impossible, it will only last a day or two and then it will get out of whack and you will get air in the Herbie line and it creates a loud sucking sound. Then you adjust it, and some goes down the e-drain.

Anyway...I find it operates the best (easiest, quietest) when you have a trickle going down the e-drain. For that reason, I keep the e-drain submerged so there isn't a tinkle sound. If the Herbie gets plugged and all the flow is going down the e-drain or at least a large portion it will have that loud sucking sound too, so you don't have to worry about not hearing it when you submerge the e-drain.

SPS fanatic.