View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Islander

reeferfulton is on a distinguished road

thanks for the nice comments on the tank and truck .

i will keep some pics posted on both . Havent touched the truck in a while , but once this tank is up and running , i will head back out there .

So basically the build is now up to current time . I have been for the last 3 days been adding rodi water to the tank ..
Crazy slow process . lol

I have begun researching quarantine tanks . I will do one . I would just like it to be real small .

Any thoughts on a fluval edge 6 gallon ?
would this house a very small tang for 8 weeks ?

Also is it realistic that the QT tank also have rock and coral ?
I mean if the fish show no issues for 8 weeks then there is no need for meds right .. anyway more reading to do on this

here are a few more pics of the setup .

I have 50lbs of dry ecco-reefer rocks in there ( aka think they are marco rocks)

I did some simple rock scaping .Used some zip ties to hold together some pieces etc

think i have the system about 70 percent full right now .
Was aslo thinking there there is barley any rock in there .. hmmm may have to order a bit more .

I was planing on going all dry rock and sand . And starting the cycle with the old shrimp.
Came to this decision after reading so many posts about unwanted critters .. guess we will see .

slight sand skim will be on the bottom .. aragmax sugar sized .
I still need to rinse this .
I will add the sand after i have filled the tank with RODI and mixed in the salt .

bye for now