View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 04:34 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
Hey Kien, is your powder blue still an "ich magnet"? My powder brown appears to be developing ich and I'm a little concerned. I read through your build / tank journal and noticed that you had said your powder would show signs but manage through it. I'm hoping this is the case as I have had my powder brown for 3 months now and it seems he is starting to display ich spots.
Yes both my Powder Blue and Blue/Regal Tang still get ich from time to time. I haven't added anything new to my tank in a long time so it comes less frequent, but still happens. For example, when my box fish died a few weeks ago and the tank was polluting up, that stressed the fish and the tangs developed a little ich. As usual (for them), they weathered it and are ich-less again. It has always been my experience that if the fish is strong and healthy and there isn't any other underlying health issue(s), my fish have been able to kick the ich.

Often times if a fish gets ich it is because they are stressed but unfortunately that source of stress could easily be another ailment (virus, bacteria, infection, etc). That's when things get dicy.