View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:05 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

All in all the transfer went quite well. The next day it was discovered that I lost two fish... my flame angel and my rainbow wrasse. All the other fish appeared to be as normal and I tested the ammonia which was “0”. All the parameters were spot on. In addition I lost my fromia starfish (I expected this as they are finicky) and a couple Acros had STN. Over the week (transfer was done on a Sunday) everything appeared happy and I dialed in the flow for the tank. I have two MP40’s on each end of the tank point at each other and running between alternating constant and reef crest mode.

The lighting schedule was left untouched. As the tank is wider than my last one I turned the radions to run front and back. I added two additional radions to provide overlapping light in the tank to prevent any dead spots. This way lower light demanding corals will be at the bottom and the mid of the tank will still be able to grow most SPS.

At the end of the week no further losses were incurred and everything was looking back on track. My LR and scape is a minimalistic approach with lots of room for the fish to swim. I have no LR touching the back or sides of the glass so there should be little dead spots.

I may add additional LR in a couple places but not at this time.