View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:31 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

So I was lucky enough to have 7 people including myself to help with getting everything out of the trailer and in to my house. Everything went smoothly, panicked a little when the tank was brought inside. Although I measured, remeasured and took the time to ensure this tank would fit it appeared super tight. The external overflow box made for a challenge on the way the tank would need to be carried down to allow getting through the door frame.

Everything was now in place except for the tank itself. Let the games begin...a lot of sweat, blood and tears were present. It didn’t help that the tank glass temperature changed and condensation was now present. I wasn’t able to use the suction cups due to the tight space. Eventually we got it through the door, down one of the small flights of stairs and stood it up on be landing. Then the hardest part was making the tight turn on the landing, lowering the tank down on the stairs and clearing the ceiling in the process.

There was a lot of pivoting happening which led to my wife refer to the episode of “Friends”. I have attached the link for the video https://youtu.be/Tam7KO4qhUI.

The tank was eventually carried down and put in to place. Everyone enjoyed beer and pizza. That was enough for the one day.