View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 04:52 PM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Haven't looked in on this thread in a while. The new tank looks awesome. Very beautiful & healthy. Great job you two.

Anthony
Thanks for the kind words, Anthony. Haven't seen you in a while! If you are in the area, gimme a shout if you wanna drop by and see the tank.

I completely forgot about updating the thread. It's been up and down these past few months. I battled a bad breakout of cyano for a couple months, but now it's getting under control with the combination of A-Balance and CyanoClean ($$$ combo, but can't argue with results). Unfortunately, a combination of things (July heat wave, unexplained alk drop, cyano, X-files stuff, etc.) had taken quite a few of my prized corals. The last couple months I've probably lost a couple hundred dollar worth of corals, while some others continue to thrive and grow, so who knows what's going on.

For the longest time I hadn't added fish until the last two weeks, where 3 PJ cardinals (easiest fish to accommodate, they just stick to their little area in the back), a male squareback anthias (amazing colours on this guy, I'd like to eventually add a couple more females for it, currently eating well), and a copperband butterfly (a big guy 4"-5" straight from the importer, eating frozen blood worm and frozen mussel, after a week of cave seclusion it is now happily exploring and hunting out all the time, though the smaller yellow tang sometimes chases it around for no reason other than being a jerk). Pictures to follow.

Plans for new fish are inbound. A Marine betta, yellowhead jawfish, and bluethroat trigger(s) are on the wish list at the moment.

Brian