View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:27 PM

Invigor is on a distinguished road
Default absolutely fuzzled..

we just moved to a new house and I setup my tank innn july I guess it would be..it was going great, looking awesome, but I'd say for the past month and a half everything has been on a hard decline, and I can't figure out. I've added about 50gallons to my system via a larger sump and since then,I've probably done 50 gallons of water changes. my tank is 105gallons, I figure the sump holds around 50gal, and I just can't get anything to look good...the only thing that appears to be doing good is my clam...go figure. I don't have many corals, some frogspawn a few mushrooms. all of my xenia has gone to mush, leathers look deflated, anemone's are looking -ok-...

I've done the regular tests, Ca, alk, pH, no3, po4, all are within acceptable ranges..

I use IO salt and ro/di water, run a skimmer (wouldn't call it high efficient, but it works..) 110w vho(12hrs), 2-250w hqi MH (4 hrs), dolphin ampmaster 3000 return wide open..I've had this brown cyanolike stuff on the sand for quite some time, goes away during the night, comes back in the daylight..

I'm stumped...only thing I can think of is I used some bathroom silicone (mildew resistent) to tack on 2 pieces of glass for the overflow I drilled in...there's maybe 10 linear ft of it in there. does anyone know how much of a problem this might cause. (i'd prefer responses from others experience, not "oh yea that's gotta be it..cause it's just a bad thing...cuz I read it on the internet sometime ago")

i've been thinking of ripping down the system, resiliconing my overflow and using different salt...please, any suggestions before my head explodes and I waste a $60 pail of salt...

on the flip side, my fish seem to be doing fine, still have appetites of destruction and fat as beavers!

thanks,