View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:19 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Cad Lights Conic Protein Skimmer (TIA-1150)

Just thought I'd post my thoughts on this skimmer I've had it for 2 months now and let it run in a tank for a few weeks before using it in the sump. For people on a budget or requiring a smaller footprint the Cad lights skimmer line definitely fills the bill and comes with the built in pump and comes ready to use

Positives
-It is very quiet has 4 rubber foot pegs on the bottom for noise dampening and anti vibration my return pump is noisier than the skimmer
-foot print is small 9.75 inches by 6.5 inches by 18.5 high
-no micro bubbles produced
-very easy adjustment for producing bubbles and simple design makes it user friendly
-collection cup can be connected to an external drain and only requires half and inch of space to remove the cup for cleaning
-easy to clean skimmer without pulling apart can put in a vinegar bath and let it self clean for a few hrs

Negatives
-rubber foot pegs are a pain easy for them to fall off
-electrical cord relatively short
-pipe used for bubble and flow adjustment tends to bind making micro-adjustments annoying

This is still a relative new comer to the aquarium hobbyist but is already making quite a splash due to its low cost and ease of use and is pretty durable.