Thread: Greg's 75g
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

OK, more pics, but only 'cause you asked
I wasted half my night on the phone with 2 members ... 2 1/2 hours talkin' 'bout reef stuff. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but, trying to be polite while doin' plumbing is difficult.
So ... here is what I got done tonight.
And because we can't edit our posts, I have to post new pics of where I'm at;

I re-arranged the drain plumbing under the tank. I still want to brace the main drain line to alleviate any stress from the bulkhead while I'm crankin' the valve. Only issue is I haven't found a chunk of something to stuff in there yet (see second pic to understand space between pipes and wood).

I got the lines run to the sump ( on the right you see my SW holding tank with it's outlet valve )

I had to re-arrange the heaters as the drain lines interfered with their locations, so this is where we're at now

It's kinda hard to see in the last pic, but that's my skimmer stand. It's reflecting off the back glass.
The wife used to work with stained glass, so I used her glass grinder to round out the upper corners of the gussets to let the bubbles out.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get enough done to glue the pipes and do a water test.
I still have to plumb the DT pump before that happens. After that there is the Sump pump with it's circuit of 2 x reactors, UV/Chiller and Chaeto.

Last edited by gregzz4; 02-16-2012 at 08:43 AM.