View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 07:28 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Well ... no I don't really recommend not using it, I just recommend that "if using it, use with some awareness." It's not all bad. It's pretty hard to beat it in terms of growth rate, so as a means of nutrient removal I think it's quite effective. The wiry stuff is cool but it does not grow as fast as the caulerpa does. It will grow quickly under halide lighting but I would guess that not everyone wants to use halide lighting over refugia (owing mainly to the expense involved). Whereas caulerpa seems to grow just fine under any light at all.

My only advice is, if you use it, keep it pruned... A little sprig going sexual in a tank isn't going to be a big deal whereas if it grows uncontrolled and a huge section of it goes, then you're dealing with milky water, sudden release of large amounts of nitrate, phosphate, etc. etc.