View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 04:39 PM

seasmurf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I'm officially old. I can't read that
Hey Brad, my bad, sorry. I'll [ost it big, but now its a non issue as I read the other peeps post replys. Thanks Everyone!

Does anyone have a special fish species chosen as the 'show' fish as THE center of attention?
· Researched, and at first it was going to be Jack fish, until I read more and saw their adult morph, and size too.
· Also technicolour anthias that seem active, I understand that their feeding regime is a bit more,
· And finally I think I have focused and narrowed down my attention to the tilefish.
Here is a link to this sensitive tile fish, and very gorgeous: http://glassbox-design.com/2009/flashing-tilefish-puts-on-a-technicolor-show/

SOME OF MY CONCERNS:
· I don’t understand what I need to think of according to the riskof pursuing fish that are wild caught; which means I must take in every measure, of course, to make it work for me and for the fish, right? Has anyone done this, with wild fish I mean?
· What was planned ahead of its arrival? And then its acclimation?
· Name me everything I can do to minimize stress in transport process, and perfect way to acclimate..
· Who are the people to trust when I take action?

I still have hours of research ahead of me; and plenty of time to do so though. I accept the challenge and dedication for a "special needs fish". I’m listening for any thoughts…
(My 180 LPS tank will be cycled and stacked by August. Around this time is when I am going to decide on a couple species of fish that are of course compatible to a reef set-up).
Thank you,
~M~