View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:13 AM

robbyG is on a distinguished road

Yes it is, and it amazes me that with another brand of controller they take lockups so lightly, they just say oh unplug it and plug it back in. IMO anytime a controller locks up its a big big problem that needs fixing. Luckily this problem seems to be associated with a trivial feature that most people will not use. I know your one of those owners with a tank in the bedroom, so it is a problem for you but I think a dark cloth will tide you over until they release the update. After mine happened I looked at the ORP reading every time I passed the Tank. ORP is one value that is always fluctuating a little so I knew all was well with the Tank when I saw it move up or down one. BTW when mine locked the Clock for some reason kept the correct time. So dont watch the clock!

After a month or two after the incident I started to feel comfortable and have now gotten that good feeling that its very stable so long as the screen saver is off. Honestly I don't know how owners of the other brand deal with their issue. I guess they check there tanks via the web several times a day. I check my tank twice, once in the morning and the second time when I get home from work. I almost never remote in unless an SMS alert message comes to me.

Saturdays are my maintenance day. That's when the 2 part is refilled and all the skimmer cleaning etc goes on. A few water tests and that's it for the week.