View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier Pressure View Post
I had one for quite some time in my little reef and he seemed to do okay. I ended up taking him back to the LFS as he was not getting enough food in my tank. One of the saltwater stores here in Calgary has them in just about ALL of their tanks, and the dude who runs it says he has seen one ripped in half and that did not even cause a problem. If you are looking for positive feedback, you may wish to give Colby at Elite a call.
I'll bet that their toxicity, like that of Poison Dart Frogs, is reduced over time in captivity, due to different diet, conditions, whatever (they aren't sure of why exactly yet, at least with the frogs...).

I saw one in a tank in Winnipeg, at the Birds and Aquariums Co. I think it was called... This place is amazing, with a large display tank that had more fish than I could count, a blue spiny lobster, a blue carpet 'nem (this thing was a good 18" in diameter), some fish I don't have names for, corals I've never seen... Well, needless to say it was pretty amazing, but the sea apple and some of the other inverts in another smaller tank were also pretty gorgeous. I'm not sure if this other tank was inline with the large tank though, but these guys are beautiful. The parrots were nice too