View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road
Default Ouch! White Cheek Tang has an accident!

This poor fella is having a very tough week. For about 10 days, he's displaying some kind of infection. If you think you know what the white spots are, let me know... He's the only fish in the tank that has these. My achilles has always had ich...or what I believed to be ich...very fine white spots....but this is different...larger white tufts.

Since he began to get "sick", I've been watching his feeding habits and it seems that he has a challenging time getting near the algae. The achilles tang does not allow him to get any algae. I'm thinking that he may be missing an important part of his diet as a result.

Anyway....so he's got these white spots and don't seem to be bothering him too much. Then today, he's either had a run-in with somebody or some piece of coral. Look at this terrible wound...Doesn't seem to be bothering him too much right now, but this sure looks nasty and open to infection.

I'll update as things progress. I think I have reason to be concerned with this guy.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436