View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 03:18 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Thanks! Yes, I shall send the Emperor onwards if he doesn't improve. The thing is the guy doesn't eat corals (SPS, LPS) or clams, so it's a really really hard choice. Right now I just keep getting new containers to replace the old ones for the rainbow brain. Also, the extra fruit is delicious! Yum!

The flooding was just plain water from my dish and clothes washers. Oh and probably some of my shower.

I've had a remediation company paid for and sent by my insurance come in to check things out. But the damage is barely more than my deductible so it's not worth a claim.

I ordered a calcium reactor a while back to help with the depletion ramp up. I'm hoping it comes into stock soon. I'm finding dosing with the set up I have almost unable to keep up. I need bigger containers for my solutions. I think I'll try out the wine and beer making stores to see about some silicone corks and cheap airline.

I'm adding some of my spare LED lights onto the existing rack. I'm finding some corals are reaching in directions that need better illumination. I'm starting with the left side.

I've also been adding a little more sand to the display, this is my last attempt at filling the blank space at the front of the tank.

Other than the reactor, I have no current purchase plans for the tank. I'm hoping I can ride out winter and spring with just regular maintenance.

Of course I will replace the panels around the tank, but that doesn't count. :P

Sent from space riding a T-Rex