View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Maybe the retailers can chime in... The ones that remain anyhow.

maybe they can explain why it's better to lose a sale than break a package up.

ill see what i can do anyways lol

i guess for every person who doesnt buy a pak theres ten others who do , im sure if they werent selling there paks they wouldnt be doing it , i make on average 5 paks of zoas a week and i do not split them up , im sure theres an angry guss here and there who wants that one item , but theres also the sell it all at once angle which also helps bring down paks overall pricing as opposed to per polyp pricing.

for example heres one of my paks:

as a package i have it posted as $100.00

pak3: $100.00

aussie delightful paly: 6polyps
purple death palys: 2polyps + babies
red people eaters: 4 polyps
armor of god paly: 1polyp
candy apple redds - 1 polyp

as individuals i sell them as:

aussie delightful paly:6 polyps @ $20 per polyp
purple death palys: 2polyps + babies @ $15 per polyp
red people eaters: 4 polyps-@$5 per polyp
armor of god paly: 1polyp @ $15 per polyp
candy apple redds - 1 polyp@$15 per polyp

so in theory or on paper im ripping myself off as singles i could be getting $200 but as a package i offered it for a more reasonable price .

i sell each and every pak , all five, weekly so i dont see a need to break them up unless they werent selling.

i remember the large 12" combo zoa rocks years ago at lfs being 300-400 and littered with several diff types , alot of times i would get mad and say geesh i just want that one but every other week id go in and sure enough it was sold and gone

while im sure theres always one person who hates this , there are prob ten others for that one who do in fact like it.

to each their own i guess

its always been like that though , the nicer stuff will always be on the border line of for sale and not for sale lol its not a new thing its been like it since i started the hobby and other hobbies im in.

now with all that said , if theres a single frag that someones interested in and i have the ability to make more i usually do sell it as its important to keep people happy

cheers

denny