View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM

somewherebeyondthesea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I have or currently owned radions, Vegas, sols and mitras. All are good fixtures and you will save money on power and keep your tank cooler without a doubt.
As far as controllability goes the Mitra and radions are very easy to control and setup. The Vegas and sols are miles behind with the controllers they sell absolute garbage imho.

When it comes to coverage the Mitra is better than all I have the over my six footer and I have better coverage with it than for of the others.
The radions are next with slightly better coverage than the ai products.

The next big thing to look at in led fixtures is discoball effect and again the Mitra is on top with very very little to no discoball effect at all. The radions at next in this category as well there is some but not overly distracting. I would put the sols next strictly because of the lack of colored leds, the Vegas have substantial discoball effect.

As you can see overall the mitras are on top and I am very impressed with them. I still love the radions and think they are amazing lights. The sols are a great cheaper option and are very durable and effective light. The Vegas were a huge disappointment to me, it was a fixture I looked forward to and was first in line to buy them but was quickly disappointed in the performance of the fixture.

Wow thanks for the info! this was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for!