Thread: 280g Inwall
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:56 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I have a small amount going into the upper tube, although it's not steady. Because of the variable flow coming into the overflow (because of the waves going) the water level tends vary by about 1/4" so it comes up about 1/8" above the drain pipe then 1/8" below.

The issue was that, well, actually it's not really an issue, it's not THAT loud, but because I used a strainer on each standpipe, and the Eurobracing overlapping part of the standpipes, I can't get the top of the standpipe higher than 4" down from the top. It still works it's just that there's enough flow you can hear the waterfall when you're in the tank room. Outside the tankroom there is no noise so it's not like it's a problem.

But I found something that will allow me to raise the standpipe while keeping a strainer on it. Pictures tonight if I get the standpipe reworked. Would have done it last night but I decided to watch some TV instead.