View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Here is how the tank looks now with smaller colonies and the tangs in differen't places. The powder blue is now in my display and the purple is down in the 140gal stock trough frag sump. They seem to be much happier this way and I'm enjoying the change up as well. I also took advantage of the move to remove most of the green zoanthids and a lot of pink pocillopora. The sand is also new. I didn't like how my old fine sand was chronically growing cyano so I dumped it all into the stock trough and filled the display with some crushed coral.

Unfortunately I lost two fish during the move. My 8+ year old snowflake moray which had a tumour growing just behind its head died a few days after. And the ornate wrasse that had lived in the stock trough for several years found a small gap in the netting on top to jump through. I don't know if I want to bother with another carpet surfing wrasse but I am thinking of starting over with a smaller variety of moray like a golden dwarf.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour