View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 11:21 AM

Etaloche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Bummer on the power outage!!!

Awesome stand score! I think you need to switch out those flowered knobs though. Hehe.

Why would you put biopellets on a new tank, especially a clam tank? Clams eat up a whack of nitrate, I'm not sure biopellets would be a good thing. Do you have a specific reason?

Bayside Corals has a bunch of Blue Squamosa and Crocea in stock right now. A few of them on the website. www.baysidecorals.com
Not too sure how scientifically true that is, I keep my main tank ULN and the Crocea in it has thrived for almost 2 years now. The clam tank will also be doubling up as a frag tank for my nicer SPS, so I need it to be low nutrient as well. I also like to keep my fish well fed so the biopellets should help. It will take some time for me to get the funds to get clams in the tank now as I am in the middle of trying to start up a business for my succulent plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizerbunoi View Post
The build looks really nice. Sorry to hear about the crash/loss. How long were you without power from the storm?
I was about 14 hours without power, but the holding tank was only 10G so temps went from 81 where I keep it down to 71-72 before power came back.