View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Well I got some good new today from AquaIllumination.
Here's the email conversation and the light is over 2 years old.

Hello,

Thanks for the information and sorry to hear of the issues with the light. Have you tried unplugging the data cable and reentering to see if it is a bad connection? Or, have you tried using a different data cable to that light? Lastly, have you tried plugging the controller directly into that light only to see if it is controllable without being tied together in chain?

Please let us know, thank you.

- Justin

February 26, 2014 11:32 . Billcorr Yes I have tried all of the above. The controlability of this light seems to be no longer working. At this point I just plug the 1 light in for 4hrs a day, I have enough light with my other fixtures to keep up with my SPS. I'm currently running 4 Sol Blues and 2 Hydras. I plan on replacing 2 of the Sols for Hydra 52's in 2 months time. All depending on whats happening with this merge.

February 26, 2014 15:16 . Aquaillumination Support Team

C2 Development, Inc.Thanks for the update. It sounds like the motherboard inside of the light is causing this issue unfortunately and would need to be replaced in order to gain control back to the light. If you would like, we can just send out a new board to you this time as a gesture to say thank you for your support you have shown over the years, we would just ask that you pay shipping for the board. If you would please provide your shipping information, I can get a quote for you (appears you may live in Canada so prices will vary). Thank you,

Justin
AI