Thread: Betta Breeders
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:41 AM

Bugsy is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for your reply. You know its funny that you say that about breeding bettas. I have been doing lots of looking on different sites and it seems that there is just a flood of people breeding the Halfmoons right now. The other thing that concerns me as you mentioned is placing these fish in new homes when you end up with a hundred or so.

I have thought about breeding them for a while but have issues with getting rid of them when the time comes or culling oh my lord I don't know if I have the stomach for that unless they are deformed then I can but just to get rid of them is a touch hard.

One thing I have always wanted to do was to build a nice display case for some male bettas in our home. Maybe 5-6 so it would look nice as they are so beautiful and to have and to have some different kinds to would be nice.

I have been toying with this idea for the past few days, do I attempt the breeding or not. But I think now this has made up my mind as I know our LFS here have stopped taking fish from local breeders due to problems in the past so this would just a headache for me to try and find homes for them.

So with that, I think I will just enjoy my 3 boys I have the 2 ladies are in my 46 gal tank with my Discus and they are doing very well. Its nicely planted and all too.

Thanks for the other web site I will check it out and thank you for the reply too.