View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:00 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bottom of Overflow Removal?

On that note... my Frags came in 2 days ago from Jess and they are gorgeous. I’m getting angry at the various things from the move that are taking up my time. Right now they just sit on my frag rack looking oh so colorful and all I want to do is get them secured o my rock work. On top of all that I am on nights this week. First world problems!!

On another note my wife and I are going to Cabo at the end of October and my in laws booked me a couple dives as a birthday present. So I’m super pumped for that. I’m just debating g if I should tackle the overflow box before or after our week vacation? I just don’t want a disaster to come home to. The leak was slowed as much as I could with silicone (1/4 of a 5g pail) in 24 hours.

Anyone have a good idea on how to cut the bottom plate out without jeopardizing the remainder of the sides. My goal would be to get the bottom out as clean as I can so I don’t have to do a whole bunch of new silicone work (not my strong suite). Also a pain in the but is I will have to cut my drain pipes to get the bulkheads out and replace them. Got to love finding sch 80 1.5” fittings, unions and pipe. Open to any suggestions, tips, do’ and don’ts