View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 07:49 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Ouch! Well, glad to hear no one got hurt. Moving those massive tanks is a beeotch. So many things can go wrong. On the bright side it looks like your tank has secured its own fish room (garage) in your new house.
You hit it out of the park with that statement... it going to lie but getting it down was an absolute chore. Now working up the stairs was heavier then one could describe. So I initially just chose the garage as a placement because where else do you put a large leaky tank? Focus is to replace that bottom glass on the overflow box (thank the stars, I went with an external). That being said I’m really starting to like that the oversized garage in or new place has a huge offset which the tank doesn’t impede...oh and lots of room to expand to a fish room ahaha. The wife hasn’t complained about it being in the garage either. Little water on the epoxy floor...doesn’t bat an eyelash.ob and there is in floor heating so that should take away from the Alberta winter cold, one would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Gosh sorry things were a bit bumpy. Hope it’ll work itself out now that you’re settled in. Do you still have plans to bring the tank inside the house?
ya it was nerve racking experience. I’m so happy no fish were lost and it was only the overflow box plate. Surprisingly my water parameters didn’t change and all my sps look great (other then majority of the branches broken off my colonies). I’m exploring the idea of taking it downstairs however I’m worried as the whole house has hardwood floors including the stairs. Really worried about damaging them with the big tank going down the stairs. I may explore removing one of the large windows (day window) in the basement. Then just replace with a new window but not sure how expensive that will be.