View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 01:39 AM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road

Well I ended up getting it. It came complete with filters, led fluval light and decorations and It did have trim the trim on it. Was setup for fresh water. They had it in a dark garage when I picked it up and when I got home noticed the front was pretty scratched, as well as one the the bulk heads leaking and some water damage to the stand, so yeha looks like I got ripped off.

Debating what route I should go. I looked into new tanks but since my space is limited to 68" I'm having a hard time finding new, got quoted around 2600 to build a new one with stand.

I pulled 2 of the bulk heads out, they had gaskets and were silcones in there and the hole was about 35mm,seems pretty small. The back of the tank is dirty and doesn't look as scratched so maybe I should drill the front out to make a coast to coast as long as it's not tempered Or maybe I'm just better off trying to resell to someone who wants to use it for fresh water and go the custom route down the road when the money allows it.
Been a rough couple days feeling like a idiot cuz I rushed in because I was excited to find another tank in my wife's price range for me to start back up.