View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Must be an awesome feeling of freedom to have your own plane and go anywhere you want. Such beautiful scenery. When I see that I miss California as in Quebec where I live now it's rather flat everywhere and our greatest mountains are just tiny hills.

I understand for the camera...no manual focu is a problem for sure in that type of situation, but for the aquarium the camera is great.

Maybe you should get a DSLR for other type of photography and just the little Olympus for the aquarium and traveling light. Those little underwater cameras are usually limited in features. I tried a few and this was best for image quality but there are compromises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Yeah, I should try the movie mode underwater, with the pumps running, and close up to some corals, to see how it looks.

I did try the movie mode in my plane, in the cockpit, a few days ago. However, was disappointed, because again the AF would often focus on the windshield putting the scenery out of focus. My old Sony at least had a manual focus, so I could set it far out, and it did pretty well. This is not a big concern for me, though, as I am waiting to get a new POV camera for my plane. Most of the good summer float flying is done now for the year, so have until next spring to find a good one. Maybe by then the Gopro 4 will be out with GPS...

Getting a little off topic, but here is a youtube using my old Sony from a few weeks ago going into a local alpine lake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9o5Ytfr-g0