View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

The only real difference between those four photos is that you got your focus point right on the third one, the other three just aren't in focus so you just need some practice with manual focus. I also noticed you changed your aperture to F22, which I don't think you needed to do, your DOF will probably be fine at F8 or so for those pics. While F22 will give you more DOF you also increase your shutter speed which can make it harder to get a sharp picture so until you master your focusing try and speed up your shots. Once you master that and feel you could use some more DOF then decrease your aperture (higher number).

Your WB is still off a bit, I would try using the sand or zoom into a grey piece of rock before resulting to other methods. This usually works for me just fine.

Also unless you have a program like photoshop that allows you to edit and process raw files don't shoot in raw. It's not helping. If you want email (83phelps@gmail.com) me your raw file for #3 and I can give you an idea what post processing can do for you. For now shoot in jpeg.

So keep up the good work, continue to practice shooting in manual focus and work on getting your subject perfectly focused. Also make sure your viewfinder is adjusted properly for your eye sight, sometimes this causes problems, see your manual for details. Also always be sure to position your lens perpendicular to the glass.