View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM

CherylMcKay is on a distinguished road
Default January updates

So, I haven't changed alot in this tank for a while. I removed some rock as I was looking for my Green Clown Goby. I hadn't seen him in a few days and still have been unable to find him. I am assuming he didn't make it.

I decided I liked it better with fewer rocks and the big rock was under enough sand that I didn't want to disturb it. I have rescued a couple of tanks recently and therefore inherited 2 more clown fish.

I have had the little perc in there for a few weeks and it was living nicely with the goby. this morning i added the black perc as I don't want to introduce her to the 150 Gallon at home.
I am watching them today to make sure the littler one is not super stressed and they are getting along before I decide to leave the black one. The little one has started to twitch on it's side (like the good little subserviant one) but I don't know it's age and they both lived alone long enough it could be 2 females.... waiting to see the dynamic.

The Macro Algae is growing well. It was just a little stub left on a rock from the 150 G and now that it is not being eaten on a regular basis, it is looking really good. I may transplant some for home.

The green star polyps are enjoying this tank as well and are always fully extended and are spreading over the rock i placed them on.
I purchase the green hairy mushroom and the orange one for my big tank but found I didn't have enough rock to show them well enough and decided to split them up. I move one of each to the nano at work. The Green one was the size of a nickle when I put him in this tank and now it is bigger than a toonie. The orange one has probably grown 1/4 inch since I put it in as well.

I am updating now as I am going on holidays on the 3rd for 3 weeks and wanted to get my submissions in. I also wanted to preserver the tank before it is being cared for by my co-workers. My boss has taken enough of an interest that I think it will be okay... He actually tested the salinity when I was off sick a few weeks ago... I was impressed.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I just use my ipod and I can't seem to get clear ones of the fish and they always look grainy.