View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Vendor

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
I wouldn't go with any less than 4 in a tank your size Nick , maybe even 5 or 6. They need to be able to find each other to breed. The ones that you buy won't do a lot for your aptasia problem , it's the babies that are the real ferocious eaters. So going the Berghia route works great but can take a couple months before you start to notice a difference. I also wouldn't recommend using Berghia unless you have quite a few aptasia , because if the tank is too big and you don't have many aptasia they will starve to death before they can find the aptasia to feed on.

Here's a good read about Berghia and I would suggest anyone whos considering ordering Berghia to check it out so you know what to expect and how many you should order.

http://www.saltyunderground.com/pages.php?pID=23
He speaks the truth. Thats why when I introduced my bergia, I used a seperator box and put rocks with aiptasia in it. The top of the box is above the water level so the berghia are safe from predation and will find eachother easily (especially in a big tank). Ill show you guys my setup >=D

I had zoanthids that had aiptasias in them too so I just put them into the box to clear them off first and its very easy for the berghia to find as well.