View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:44 PM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road
Default The Why Oh Why...38 stairs, 290 Tank Build

Why did I do this to myself..Ugh I could not just leave well enough alone. I saw Dusty16s 290 gal for sale on here and the twofootitis disease hit me...For those wondering what twofootitis is, it is a term boaters use when seeing/wanting a larger boat, as boat 2 ft longer makes a huge difference to the size inside etc. I actually, for good reasons, talked myself out of buying this tank twice, before succumbing to the the price and twofootitis.

So three of us hauled into the back of the truck yesterday. That was the easy work...

Hmmm, how the hell am I going to get this up to the house, was the burning question that I had been asking myself since seeing it for sale on Canreef....Not only that, but who would even consider helping me...Friends and family would picture the front of my house and think to themselves, "Not a chance in hell", but politely tell me they had prior commitments or else they would certainly be there for me! Uh-huh...sure...

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/ourf...20tank%20build

Yep, that is the front of my house...38 stairs, and 3 landings from the street to my front door...Now you know why I talked myself out of this twice!

Now you know why the title states "why oh why"!!

Last edited by reefwithareefer; 01-11-2015 at 04:49 PM.