Thread: Dieing SPS
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:34 PM

Milad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Milad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Going with this as well. It's not the light, which should be changed anyway, and Ca and alk are not at levels that I would consider harmful. I've run my Ca close to 500ppm before, and alk anywhere between 5 and 14dkh is fine (as long as it's stable). I've had colonies that just go, and often take others with them, even when moved to another tank. Anytime this happens now, I quickly remove the colony, try and salvage a frag from the tip furthest from any recession, and pray to the reef gods. Sometimes SPS just do this, and too much mucking around with tank parameters can make it worse. Go for stable water, get a new bulb because you should have last year, and ride it out. A nice water change never hurts either.
Well I consider my parameters stable but within the next couple months ill have my new fish room up and running so that should be a extra few hundred gallons to stable it out.

What i dont get is all these colonies that have died were flourishing the day before. Just doesn't make sense. The one that just died was a small 1 inch frag and it grew into a 6in ball in under a year. SPS is starting to drive me nuts. None of my LPS/softies have died